Tax Operations & Knowledge specialist
Amstelveen, North Holland, Netherlands
Blue dot is a fintech SaaS company that has developed a proprietary AI-based deep technology (protected by an extensive patent portfolio,) enabling businesses to deal with tax data compliance challenges. Blue dot helps large corporations – including Fortune 500 companies – gain actionable insight into their transactional data, empowering finance and tax professionals with full data integrity, tight compliance, and optimal savings.
The company is at an exciting inflection point, coming from the combination of technology breakthrough, expanded offering beyond VAT/GST to Taxable Employee Benefits and Corporate Income Tax, and new strategic partnership agreements.
1.Authorities communication – incoming
- Analyze incoming authorities decisions or requests for additional information and move these to the applicable queue/system and archive
- Analyze decisions for a possible product, process, or knowledge optimization
2.Authorities communication – outgoing
- Review internal information provided to support tax authorities questions for completeness
- Prepare some of the draft responses, including objections, for tax authorities
- Directly communicate with clients for input and clarifications on certain specific transactions and their supply chain
- Contact tax authorities by phone, email, or letter for specific clarifications / solving process-related issues
- Preparing outgoing authorities communication for sending & courier pick-up
- Research on open sources and paid tax databases specific VAT, TEB, or CIT items for incorporation in our internal knowledge database
- Prepare overviews and summaries of incoming tax news relevant for Blue dot for internal and client alerts and updating in the internal knowledge database
- Assist the tax managers on client-specific or country-specific researching and analyzing and documenting third party advisor input
- Validate and transfer data from various internal data sources into the new central knowledge database (wiki)
- Validate specific invoices for the correct VAT treatment (reverse-charge versus local taxation)
- Contact suppliers to re-issue invoices (typically higher values) and explain to them the correct VAT treatment in order to convince them to apply the correct VAT treatment and credit the initial VAT charged
- Keep regular KPI overviews of the invoices processed
- Support other departments as Tier 3 specialist on doubtful invoices
- Act as the first point of contact for Tier 3 Knowledge questions
- Create back-up in the internal knowledge database for cases handled for future reference & self-service
- The main point of contact for local office logistics – landlord, security, hardware, maintenance
- Ordering office kitchen & office amenities
- New NL employee onboarding planning
- Experience from a Finance (corporate / MNE), Legal, VAT, Tax or VAT recovery specifically
- Educational level: minimum Bachelor or equivalent, or a very specific relevant working experience
- Language: Proficient in English, any other (native) European language would be beneficial
- Skills: multi-tasker; pro-active; an eye for detail; ability to communicate in a professional corporate business manner; self-starter; natural drive for process improvement; not afraid to reach out to new business contacts / third parties by phone; take pride in closing a process to the end; taking ownership.
- FTE: 30-40 hours.
- Work location: Amstelveen (Amsterdam), the Netherlands. Min of 60% on-site presence.