Taxable Employee Benefits (Solution) Manager
Bleu dot is a fintech SaaS company that has developed a proprietary AI-based deep technology (protected by an extensive patent portfolio) enabling businesses to deal with tax data compliance challenges. Bleu dot helps large corporations – including Fortune 500 companies – gain actionable insights into their transactional data, empowering finance and tax professionals with full data integrity, tight compliance and optimal savings.
The company is at an exciting inflection point, coming from the combination of technology breakthrough, expanded its offering beyond VAT/GST to Taxable Employee Benefits and Corporate Income Tax, and new strategic partnership agreements.
This position can be based either out of Amsterdam (the Netherlands) – office – or Warsaw (Poland) – remote. Our Amsterdam office consists of a young team of international professionals. With the Bleu dot team and our clients being located in different countries
Bleu dot is expanding its cloud tax assurance product suite to cover employee driven spend from multiple taxation scopes. For our product analyzing employee spend from a taxable benefit perspective we are looking for a Taxable Employee Benefits Solution manager that will be the content owner of this product and the central ‘go to’ person for your colleagues, clients and prospects to discuss this solution from a tax technical and payroll process operational perspective.
The Taxable Employee Benefits product is after a successful testing period being rolled-out to multiple countries while new client users are being added to the platform. Your role is to work with local advisors to collect the relevant legal rules and translate these into system rules for our product by working closely with our developers to support specific country requirements. At the same time with your practical knowledge on payroll processes you will advise the development team on creating the best user experience and most efficient online working environment and output reporting for our clients. You will be part of the demo team to present the solution and assist on the implementation of the product with new clients to guide them through the different system settings and explaining them how the system rules are backed-up with our extensive legal database. A database that you will be responsible to create for new countries and ensure it stays up-to-date using our different sources of information.
This role will fit best to a person that wants to be part of next generation cloud-based tax solutions that helps international business to regain transparency and control over the taxable benefit compliance of the employee driven spend. Coming from an advisory or inhouse role in payroll or global mobility with proven experience in the field of taxable benefits in different countries, your next aim is to be in the driver seat to play a key role in further developing and rolling out this product. You will be able to leverage your experience gained over the past few years and put your signature to this still further developing product.
We are looking for someone that is creative, eager to learn, wants to further develop in technology, a global citizen and team player that is able to work with different stakeholders and partners within and outside the company, easily moving from a tax legal SME discussion to a higher-level corporate governance discussion at C-level. This role will appeal to a detail oriented, creative thinker that enjoys problem solving and is interested in tax software/technology.
Research & Content Management
- Engage advisors for the research of onboarding new countries to the product
- Set timelines, deliverables and budget when working with external advisors
- Perform own research, based on tax knowledge databases & online resources
- Monitor the impact of proposed legislation for deployed countries
- Ensure the content and rules within the product stay up-to-date
- Translate legal requirements into system rules
- Flag required new features within the solution to the Development team to enable the support of local legal requirements or business reporting requirements
- Agree with Development on the release prioritization of new features and countries
- Advise on improving user screens, output reports and workflows to improve User Experience
- Review output of pre-release testing rounds and advise Development on output gaps resolution
Taxable Employee Benefits SME
- Be the Subject Matter Expert for our various teams and clients in Taxable Employee Benefit related matters (marketing, sales, development, account management)
- Legal Quality Assurance (review testing output and design testing methodology) of newly implemented system rules and features
- Assist (Product) Marketing on reviewing and creating marketing materials from a tax legal content point of view
- Join our commercial teams on demos and client calls to answer tax related questions and understand business (process) requirements
- Master’s degree (preferably in finance, accounting or taxation)
- 5+ years of in-depth experience in an international corporate payroll / wage tax / global mobility function
- Proven experience in payroll rules in different countries
- Preferably work experience in a SSC environment
- English at proficient level
- Hands-on mentality. Able to delegate and motivate others by way of leading by example, while also not shy of working shoulder by shoulder to get things done.
- Demonstrate capability to set priorities effectively and skills to work well under pressure in a deadline driven environment.
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent written, verbal and communication skills
- Strong core skills including strategic thinking, creative problem-solving
- Ability to think in system configuration possibilities and limitations
- Exceptional attention to details
- Explain complex issues in a simple way
- Team player – naturally integrate within a multidisciplinary team
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Tech scale-up working environment
- Ongoing training and mentoring
- An innovative and fun working environment where you can express your creative ideas and execute your professional goals
- Possibility to strongly influence the further development of this next gen product
- Be part of determining the strategic path of the TEB product
- Relocation package to Amsterdam for EU citizens. No support is provided for non-EU work visas.
This position can be based either out of Amsterdam (the Netherlands) or Warsaw (Poland). We would only provide for a relocation package and support for EU citizens moving to the Amsterdam area. Foreign applicants relocating to the Netherlands for this position may be eligible for a 30% income tax benefit.