Director of Demand Generation – US Based
US, Waltham, MA
Why you’ll love Blue dot:
We are a disruptive technology company that is changing an industry as we equip the world’s leading organizations to be able to automate the increasingly complex world of tax compliance with specific focus on Taxable Employee Benefits and VAT deduction for decentralized consuming. Tax Compliance is a mandatory function for most businesses and carries intensive work and inherent risk. It is expensive to even try and get it right with manual processes that are open to human error. Our AI platform enables our clients to dramatically simplify the process for employee drive spend, removing that risk and allowing a business to invest in its people so they can be more productive, creative, and happier at work.
We stand proudly for our people and support their success through career development and advancement. We are recognized and respected for our culture of inclusion, continuously striving to do what is good for our people and communities.
Founded in 2013, Blue dot is a market pioneer, developing the first technology-based and dynamically updated financial platform for employee-driven transactions in the market. The all-in-one Blue dot Tax Compliance Platform harnesses digitization, tax compliance and automation to process and analyze each customer’s VAT, Taxable Employee Benefits and Corporate Income Tax from expense data in real-time. As a privately held company, Blue dot’s technological breakthrough has raised $92M in private equity funding and attracted a large portfolio of Fortune 500 clients, while partnering with global brands like SAP, PwC, KDS and many more. Blue dot is fully dedicated to providing its clients with value, not only in terms of revenue but in the peace of mind that comes from full compliance.
The impact you will have:
In the role of Director of Demand Generation, you will define, drive and execute the company’s global Demand Generation strategy with specific focus on the US, Canada and EMEA. Reporting to the VP of Global Sales, you’ll be focused on lead generation programs to help the sales team acquire new customers in order to achieve growth targets for Blue dot. In this role, you will build and lead a team of Marketing Program Managers, Sales Development Representatives as well as own Digital Marketing and Events Marketing. You will also work closely with Product Management, Content Marketing and Brand and Communication to ensure that demand generation is integrated into all facets of campaign planning and management.
If you feel you are up for this challenge, then we want to hear from you!
What you’ll do:
- Focus on driving lead growth by owning end-to-end integrated marketing campaigns and execution across all on-line and offline channels, including inbound lead generation activity
- Responsibility to recruit and lead a team of sales development representatives and set the standard for their outbound engagements with targets that fit into our ideal customer profile
- Build and lead a team of talented and passionate marketers. This team will include Marketing Program Managers, Digital Marketing Managers and an Events team while providing regular coaching and opportunities for skills development.
- Work cross-functionally with Sales to continuously refine demand generation processes and SLAs, as well as establish joint sales and marketing goals and KPIs.
- Working collaboratively to support the process of designing annual marketing plans, partner campaigns and manage budgets to execute successful programs to support business growth.
- Responsible for creating a demand generation center of excellence, best practices in campaign planning/execution, outbound lead generation activities and drive common structure in campaign execution at scale.
- Select an optimal mix of campaigns to drive lead acquisition and contact engagement based on customer and prospect data, market insights, business strategy and objectives.
- Own all digital channels: web, SEO, SEM, paid media, email, driving traffic to the website and conversion rates. Lead ongoing website development and customer experience on the site and all other digital properties. Implement ABE (Account Based Engagement) framework and campaigns.
- Working closely with Sales Operations, ensure your team is measuring performance of campaigns and tactics, runs A/B testing, optimize campaign performance and standardize campaign reporting.
- Extend the reach of marketing impact through lead creation, lead nurture and pipeline acceleration, leading into customer retention.
- Lead customer events strategy and execution, collaborate with Sales Operations on the production of internal events, including annual Company and Sales Kickoff. Integrate in-person and online events into campaigns.
- Manage demand generation and events budgets, resourcing and project prioritization.
- Provide requirements and influence the selection of marketing technology toolset, data strategy.
- Work cross-functionally with other distribution teams, such as Customer Success and Channels to continuously review and fine tune demand generation tactics applying, and sharing lessons learned.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Full Energy and strong appetite to drive success
- Strong demand generation attitude with creativity, agility
- Business orientation with strong understanding client-side sociology
- Creativity, ideas, copywriting skills and the ability to trigger business owners.
- 5+ years of experience and a proven track record of success across multiple roles in demand generation, campaign management and digital marketing in enterprise B2B technology space.
- Familiarity and relevant certifications in any of the following: Sirius Decisions methodologies, marketing automation platforms, digital marketing, content marketing, SEO/SEM, web analytics, inbound marketing.
- Experience running SDR teams to drive outbound engagement, resulting in lead creation to support pipeline growth. (Optional)
- Deep understanding of integrated campaign design, tactic selection, web analytics, A/B testing, SEO, conversion optimization, marketing analytics/attribution.
- Proven ability to build inbound marketing machine and drive web leads. Digital first thinking. Experience in running ABM campaigns with a pivot to ABE as a strategy.
- Experience in managing partners and joint partner marketing campaigns is desired.
- Exceptional strategy, project management and budget planning skills.
- Ability to provide clear direction and keep teams accountable to deliver best quality work.
- Experience as a Change Agent, innovative, thought leader and challenger, ready to introduce best practices to the team, establish new processes and build structure for the team to be successful at execution.
- Clear communicator, able to manage cross-functionally, obtain buy-in, get people excited about common goals.
- Proven track record of leading diverse, high-performing teams, helping individuals develop and realize their best potential.
- Comfortable working in ambiguity and remotely and helping shape direction for the team.
Why people love working here:
- We offer meaningful work and opportunities for career growth.
- We offer an opportunity to build a career in the technology industry.
- An opportunity to help be a founding influence on a new team within the company with industry leading and proven technology that can scale to unicorn status.