Lead Financial planning and analysis (FP&A)
Blue dot is a fintech SaaS company that has developed a proprietary AI-based deep technology (protected by an extensive patent portfolio,) enabling businesses to deal with tax data compliance challenges. Blue dot helps large corporations – including Fortune 500 companies – gain actionable insight into their transactional data, empowering finance and tax professionals with full data integrity, tight compliance and optimal savings.
The company is at an exciting inflection point, coming from the combination of technology breakthrough, expanded offering beyond VAT/GST to Taxable Employee Benefits and Corporate Income Tax, and new strategic partnership agreements.
You will work across our entire company to help stakeholders understand their resource requirements in order to achieve our operational and financial goals. You will partner with a variety of stakeholders and help them think about scaling their teams in terms of organizational structure, operational KPIs, headcount capacity planning, spending budgets and benchmarking. You need to love details and capture the nuances behind the numbers while always understanding the bigger picture.
You are also a business driven person, not afraid of wearing the analytics and strategy hats at the same time. You will review analysis of monthly results vs. budget and incorporate feedback into the forecasting process, board presentation preparation, and data analysis to track and report on operational and financial SaaS metrics to drive business decisions.
- Collaborate on the annual strategy and budget process and monthly forecasts working with all functional areas across the business
- Assist in the development, tracking and reporting of operational, SaaS and financial metrics
- Create projections for revenue, spend and headcount levels
- Help support ad hoc financial and operational analysis and develop analyses to support company initiatives and financial decisions
- Public company comparables analysis
- Work closely with the Finance team to prepare the monthly reporting package
- Assistance with financings Design, implement, and execute planning and forecasting processes across all departments to optimally align resources to achieve operational and financial goals
- Continuously improve how we think about our business model, key drivers of our revenue, spending leverage, and other operational metrics
- Continuously improve processes to create efficiency and facilitate decision-making
- Work with cross-functional partners to provide financial reporting, project budgeting, and future planning; provide for presentation of timely, relevant and accurate data to support business decisions
- Serve as primary liaison with recruiting, purchasing, and legal for the management of hiring plans and vendor management; review purchase requisitions and contracts to ensure accuracy and compliance with financial plan.
- 3-4 years of experience in financial forecasting, planning and analysis and operational budget management
- Strong knowledge of financial reporting
- Exceptional analytical acumen
- Strong knowledge of ability of building complex models in dynamic environment
- Demonstrated ability to consistently work within fixed timeframes and meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and financial modeling skills with the ability to quickly grasp and apply analytical concepts
- Proactive communicator with excellent verbal and written skills.
- Maintain the highest standards of accuracy and precision; detail-oriented, highly-organized and resourceful
- Exceptional work ethic, team mentality, positive attitude, highly-driven, self-motivated, and excellent business partnering skills
- Passion for technology and genuine desire to make meaningful contributions on a team with big aspirations
- Bachelor’s degree required Previous experience with SaaS business models required
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint required
- Proficiency in Google Sheets & Google Slides