The Republic of Croatia has introduced a relief package with reduced VAT rates on selected goods and services to mitigate the impact of price increases.
- Basic food products:
- Fresh meat and fish, eggs, fruits, vegetables, edible oils, and fats – VAT reduced from 13% to 5%
- Butter and margarine – VAT reduced from 25% to 5%
- Tickets to events: VAT reduced from 25% and 13% to 5%
- Electricity: VAT reduced from 25% to 13%
- Gas: A temporary reduction from 25% to 13%
The reduced VAT rates will be in effect from 1 April 2022 until March 2023.
Source: Website of the Croatian Govt (in Croatian)